- This event has passed.
A Matter of Balance Volunteer Training
August 27, 2019 - August 28, 2019Free
AAASWFL is looking for volunteers to lead A Matter of Balance (MOB), a proven program designed to help older adults manage concerns about falls and increase physical activity.
MOB Coaches conduct the MOB program to help participants become more confident about managing falls, help to identify ways to reduce falls, and lead exercises to help increase strength and balance.
What do you need to be a coach?
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm, dependability and a willingness to lead small groups of older adults
- Ability to lead low to moderate level exercise
- Ability to work well with a co-facilitator
- Ability to conduct at least 2 MOB workshops within one year
For all new coaches, a MOB Coach Training will be held on August 27-28, 2019 at the Sarasota Friendship Center (1888 Brother Geenen Way). Training is FREE with a commitment to lead two workshops for AAASWFL.
For more information or to register, email Sherry Young, Health & Wellness Coordinator or call the Elder Helpline at 866-413-5337 (866-41-ELDER) and ask to speak with Sherry.