DOEA Programs and Services Handbook
Services and programs for elders vary in relation to consumer needs, demographics, funding availability and legislative directives. The links below will direct you to the DOEA’s full 2018 Programs and Services Handbook.
2018 Update: Summary of Major Changes
Chapter 8- Emergency Management and Preparedness
Appendix A- Service Descriptions and Standards
Appendix E- Background Screening Clearinghouse Instructions
Adult Protective Services Manual
The DOEA, Florida’s Area Agencies on Aging, and the Florida Department of Children and Families produce a manual for Adult Protective Services (APS) referrals. Download the APS Referrals Operations Manual documents here.
AAASWFL Form 990
As a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, the Area Agency on Aging for Southwest Florida completes a Form 990 annually to comply with the Internal Revenue Service. The Form 990 is completed by tax-exempt organizations, nonexempt charitable trusts, and section 527 political organizations.
Contingent upon the availability of funds, the Area Agency on Aging for Southwest Florida (AAASWFL) for Planning and Service Area 8 will be contracting and is soliciting sealed proposals for services to be provided under the Older Americans Act (OAA) within Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hendry, Lee and Sarasota Counties beginning on May 6, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
Download the 2019 RFP Documents
Proposal documents may be obtained electronically by downloading the following files. Because of file size limitations, the 2019 OAA RFP for AASWFL is contained in two .zip folders. Please download both of the following folders for the full contents of the RFP package:
NOTE: Because of corrections and timeline updates, the OAA RFP and Appendices file was updated on 5/14/2019, 5/29/2019, 5/31/2019, 6/7/19, and 6/13/19:
- The original bidder’s checklist (Appendix XII) provided an incorrect deadline for proposals. The corrected deadline is July 9, 2019.
- The original RFP Document also included an incorrect phone number for contact person Becky MacKenzie. The corrected phone number is 239-652-6900.
- The original unit cost methodology (Appendix VIb) included incorrect dates. The corrected start date is January 1, 2020.
- The original RFP Document contained incorrect information about the Bidder’s Conference on Page 23. Attendance at the pre-proposal conference is not a pre-requisite.
- The deadline for the Notice of Intent to submit a proposal for Legal Services Providers has been extended. The timeline has been revised to reflect the new deadline for legal services providers only to Monday, June 24.
The updated document is now attached above.
Extension for Notice of Intent- Legal Services
The Area Agency on Aging for Southwest Florida (AAASWFL) for Planning and Service Area 8 has amended the Older Americans Act Request for Proposal schedule to extend the Notice of Intent to Submit a Proposal for agencies intending to bid on funding for legal services. The deadline for the Notice of Intent to submit a proposal for Older Americans Act legal services providers has been extended to Monday, June 24, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Bidders Conference and Responses
A bidders conference was held on May 29, 2019. Applicants were able to ask questions about the RFP at this conference and via electronic communication. Click here for a detailed list of these questions and AAASWFL’s responses.
Proposal Due Date
Sealed proposals are due in the AAASWFL office by 3:00 p.m. July 9, 2019 with bids opening immediately following.
AAASWFL reserves the right to reject any and all proposals not in compliance with specifications and requested information. Any questions concerning this request may be addressed in writing to Becky MacKenzie, Director of Programs and Planning, Area Agency on Aging for Southwest Florida, Inc.