Hurricane Season in Here – Volunteers Needed
Hurricane season runs from June 1 until November 30. The Department of Elder Affairs is recruiting volunteers to be part of the Hope Heroes Program to be ready to support seniors before and after a hurricane strikes. What does disaster assistance look like as a Hope Hero?
- Loading and unloading sandbags before a storm
- Working in special needs shelters to provide assistance to seniors
- Helping older residents put shutters on their home
- Distributing food and materials to seniors before and after a storm
- Assisting with minor yard debris clean up
Sign up today at helpcreatehope.com so you can be ready to help as soon as the need arises!